Oh yeah! I finished the hula girl. After like six or seven attempts on the lei, I got it just how I wanted it for the pattern. I'd made a couple that I liked the look of, but were way too complicated to even want to try to explain in a pattern, and then the easy to explain ones were funky, but finally I think this one is just right- a good balance between looking detailed enough, but also something that I think will be understandable when you're reading the pattern.
I'll have to take some more pictures in better lighting for the pattern, but I hate posting without an image, and I wanted to share since I think she's really cute, and I hope you do too.
So, I have an appointment to take my computer in to get the topcase replaced, and it may be a week before I get it back so I'm hoping I can get the pattern done within the next couple of days so that it doesn't turn into a couple week wait!