So, I finished that sucker up on Friday night, but had to wait to get pictures because I kept forgetting to take them until it was bedtime. I was unsure about it, but I think I'm liking it more and more.
It ended up being 5 points, so 60 sts across with increases and decreases of 3 dc and 4 dc in between. Right now that sounds kind of odd to me, but I'm pretty sure that's what it was. I planned on doing more blue than white, but started running out of the blue, so I do have a white block going the opposite direction, but other than my telling you, I don't think anyone at the shower will notice, or care.
Since I was running out of the blue there are only two blue blocks of color with 7 rows of double crochet, and then 3 white blocks of color. I did have enough of the blue left over to do one final row of dc in blue on each end, and then do a sc border all the way around. Well, actually I did a sc border on the sides, but on the ends I slip stitched instead.
I still haven't measured it, but it's definitely baby sized, a good sized baby blanket, but for babies nonetheless.
Anyway, I've gotta get. I've been fighting off a cold and have everyone on astragalus, but I think my not sleeping well at my parents' house while house sitting is taking it's toll. Now I'm finally home and I'm feeling optimistic about my chances for sleep!