I've jumped on the bandwagon, at least for a very short while.
By the way, here's a little back story first- My grandma Lucy, the one who initially taught me how to crochet when I was little, was a ripple maniac when I was a little girl. When I was a child we lived 5 minutes away from both sets of grandparents (and I still do for that matter since we rent my childhood home from my parents) but while my grandma Lucy only has 6 grandkids, my grandma Sarah has 24. So needless to say, I got a lot more personal attention from my grandma Lucy and I was able to spend the night over there a lot more than with my other grandma. So those nights that I spent the night, my grandma, grandpa and I would watch TV (ALWAYS Wheel of Fortune & Jeopardy) and she'd always be crocheting. Almost all of the time it was a ripple afghan too, otherwise it was a baby blanket that looked like a huge granny square. Those accounted for probably 95% of her crochet projects with the other 5% being vests or capes or ponchos usually for me :)
So needless to say, I already have a bunch of ripple blankets in various colors, usually though each blanket was only done in 2 different colors. And while I like the idea of making a ripple blanket, I don't have the patience to make one at this point in my life. So I'm doing the next best thing, a small ripple sweater for my daughter. I'd found the random stripe generator via Alicia Paulson though now I can't find exactly where, but luckily I still have the direct link to the Random Stripe Generator if anyone's interested. So I chose a couple of colors that I'd liked on a poncho I'd seen somewhere, and entered them in and the color pattern that I used was spit out.